CALL LINN'S FUNERAL HOME FOR COMPLETE DETAILS 641-648-2569
* Up to $9,000 for COVID - 19 deaths since January 20, 2020 and ongoing.
* Must be listed on the death certificate that COVID - 19 was the cause of death or a contributing cause of death.
* The death must have occurred in the United States, US Territories, or the District of Columbia.
*The death certificate must indicate that the death was attributed to COVID - 19.
WHO MAY APPLY
* Only one application per decedent
HOW TO APPLY
* The program will roll out on April 12, 2021. Applicants are encouraged to gather documentation before this date and before they call FEMA to apply. This will expedite the application process.
* Have an official death certificate that attributes the death directly or indirectly to COVID - 19 and shows that the death occurred in the US. It is permissible, and FEMA prefers, the applicant use a copy of a death certificate.
* All applications will be taken via a toll-free phone number - 844-684-6333. If an applicant calls this number prior to April 12th, there is a recording which provides the "go live" date, the documentation required, and some tips to help with the application process.
REQUIRED INFORMATION TO APPLY
*Death Certificate indicated that the death was caused by or attributable to COVID -19 .
*Social security number for the applicant and the deceased individual
*Date of birth for the applicant and the deceased individual
* Current mailing address for the applicant
* Location or address where the deceased individual passed away
* FEMA Funeral Assistance cannot duplicate benefits received from burial or funeral insurance.
OTHER NOTES OF INTEREST
* FEMA Funeral Assistance is NOT taxable as income for the applicant.
To send flowers to FEMA's family, please visit our floral store.